Fundraising Top Tips
Onesie Day is all about having fun while raising funds for Wellington Free Ambulance; ensuring we are here for you and our community when you need us most.
Onesie Day is a great event for schools, early childhood centres, workplaces and individuals. How you want to get involved is entirely up to you but to help get you started we have some handy fundraising tips below.
1. Back yourself
Donate to you. When you believe in yourself others will too; inspire potential donors with your Onesie Day targets, and your commitment to raising funds. Back yourself and donate now.
2. Gather your people
Plan in-house fundraising activities at your workplace or school. Fundraising as a team for a great cause is an awesome opportunity to engage in shared experiences, have fun and instil a sense of pride. Invite people to join your team and get involved in Onesie Day.
3. Plan your fundraising activities
How you fundraise for Onesie Day is entirely up to you; the options are limitless. See below for fundraising Ideas to help get you started:
- Take the 10k a day challenge – our paramedics walk on average 10,000 steps a day per shift, challenge yourself or your team to walk 10,000 steps a day in the lead up to Onesie Day; ask people to sponsor you.
- Hold a gold coin mufti day – encourage everyone to wear their Onesie and ask for a donation.
- Give it up for Wellington Free Ambulance – give up your favourite vice for a day, week, or month and ask your friends and family to sponsor you.
- Take the 30 day challenge - the Peoples Ambulance travels 277km on average a day, get your team together or go it alone to walk or run 277km in 30 days.
4. Spread the word
Make Onesie Day your talk piece - share your plans with friends, family and colleagues, post on social media and direct sponsors to your fundraising page. Add Onesie Day to your email signature. Display our posters. Take any and every opportunity to promote Onesie Day and encourage people to donate or get involved.
- Download some of our great resources
- Educate your supporters on the WHY of Onesie Day
- Tell them Wellington Free are the only free ambulance service in the Southern Hemisphere
- We have been providing the emergency ambulance service since 1927.
- We respond to over 58,000 patients a year and answer over 107,000 calls for help.
- Tell them how the money raised will help keep our wheels turning and what a huge difference their donation makes.
- Visit and share the Wellington Free Ambulance website, www.wfa.org.nz.
5. Say “thank you!”
Say thank you to everyone who has supported you this Onesie Day. Let your sponsors know how much you appreciate their contributions and how their collective support helps make Onesie Day a success.